Tuesday, May 3, 2011

No excuse

Wow, I've become a really bad blogger. I have so much to write about (Easter, Binghamton trip, etc.) but I'm just too tired and/or lazy to get around to it.
Sadie's illness quite fortunately ended shortly after my embarassing rant and before we had to go back to the hospital. We think it was likely Roseola but only based on our own Internet research resulting from a comment Shannon left on this blog. No thanks to our ped who saw the rash the first time I did and simply commented ir was "part of the virus". I'm annoyed but I won't get into it because it's over and done.
Through the sickness I ended up spending the week home with Sadie. It was so nice and the longest time we've spent together since January.
After the week iff It was hard going back to work last Monday and then the week itself was a awful with TWO co-workers passing away suddenly. It really puts life into perspective when stuff like that happens. Unfortunately as a constant worrier these are things that I do not need to be reminded of because they send me into a panic. No day but today.
Good stuff has happened too. We got an awesome tax refund (did I file it wrong?) and we've made final plans for our summer and fall vacations. I booked a hotel in Manhattan for a couple of nights to go along with our trip to Sesame Place and Long Island for July 4th. We've also just upgraded our Disney vaction to include dining. That one is a bit out of control. Our $62/night hotel
deal has snowballed into a 2 week, $4000 vacation. I don't even want to get into how that happened but a lot has to do with FLYING. Another post is coming on that one! Yikes! Also one on my backyard obsession and another on Sadie's development lately. For now though, I'm all blogged out. (;

ETA: I think I've fixed my blogger cookie problem!











- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're blogging again. Doctors are weird about Roseola--never sure if it is or something. It's awful--Riley had a bad case of it.

    Trip stuff is fun! Wow, you're packing it all in! Sesame Place is great--make sure to book a dinner/breakfast with the characters.

    ReplyDelete