Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Happy March

At the beginning of any month last year I would have been moaning and groaning about how fast time was going. Not this year. Time has changed. It hasn’t really slowed down, I suppose, but it feels different. Last year was a whirlwind and as much as I loved being home it also felt like a year on death row. Sadie aged towards something that I was trying to run from. I wanted her to stop growing, stay the same and for time to stop. It didn’t and now that I’m on the other side of her first birthday things are starting to feel really good. I’m happy to see her develop and grow and I’m happy at work. I can’t help but wonder what my second experience with mat leave will be like? Now that I’ve seen that January 4th, 2011 wasn’t the end of the world, will I be able to remember that and not spend the year in a state of panic?

February felt longer than all twelve months of last year and not surprisingly it went out with a bang. Actually, it wasn’t a bang, it was a barf. Last night Sadie coughed until she projectile vomited on me, the bed, her sleep sack and pretty much everything else within 2 feet of her. Yay February!

In more exciting news, I bought my bike trailer last night. I move fast! I actually found a used one for sale while searching online for where to buy them in the GTA. The Ad was new and the trailer was presumably exactly what I’d wanted so I quickly contacted the seller and arranged to go and see it. This was an “act first, think later” decision so I spent most of my lunch hour researching bike trailer brands and prices and determined that for the price it was going for, $150, the trailer I’d secured was a bargain even if it wasn’t new. So I packed Sadie in the car and drove into the country to go to pick up the trailer at what turned out to be a rather large home with very expensive cars in the driveway. Sadie played with the little boy that lived there while I took in all of the instructions on how to use it and then we schlepped back home. It was a 2 hour trip in total but it is fun to see how rich people, who sell expensive things for cheap, live. Please spring, come soon, I want to try out our new toy!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I think there's a lot of pressure to enjoy and hold onto the first year of a baby's life because it does go by so fast. I always get sad about the baby milestones too, to see how quickly they change and how quickly time goes by. But I definitely enjoy the toddler/kid stage more as much as I wish the baby stage lasted longer.

    Congrats on the purchase!

    ReplyDelete