Disney – We’ve booked our Disney vacation! We normally go in May but this year we’ve decided to go in September after finding a ridiculously cheap “room only” rate. We’re staying on property (11 nights) but we’re going to be doing off property parks for the first 4 days. D is really excited to go to Harry Potter World! Logistically this trip works well all around. Sadie will be 20 months old (2 and under are free) and it’s before we TTC #2 so I will not have any pregnancy anxiety. The next time we go will likely be when Sadie is 5 and baby #2 (if we are so blessed) is around the same age as she is now (18 months – 2 years).
Oh yeah, and I’m not pregnant (but wouldn’t that be nice) – My cousin has spread a rumour that I’m pregnant. It got back to my dad which resulted in facebook messages to “call immediately”. I was a bit freaked out because I thought something bad had happened. I honestly have no idea why my cousin would even think I was pregnant. He’s on my facebook but we never talk. Ever. I even went back and looked at several pages of my wall to see if I’d written anything that made it sound like I was pregnant and there was nothing. Not even an unflattering picture showing off my big belly. I guess that once you have a baby people are on high alert for you to do it again? If only it were that easy and didn’t involve months of planning!
Huge Hydro-Electric bill – My mother got a $1000 hydro bill in the mail (final bill). She was on an equal billing plan as well which means her hydro for September through mid-January cost $1600. That was to heat her 900 sq ft, electrically heated bungalow house. Wow. The price of Hydro has gotten out of control to the point where I’m sure many people are suffering to save money. It’s sad, really. She would have lost the house had we not invited her to live with us.
Sick again – We have pretty much been sick the entire month of February. It’s gone from bad, to worse, to better and back to worse. We’ve had colds, sinus infections, strep and now the stomach flu. Is the month over yet? On Wednesday night I woke up to Sadie throwing up beside me in bed (co-sleeping is awesome) and by Thursday I was sick too. The weekend was spent changing poopy diapers and now Sadie has a cough. W. T. F. I’m exhausted and I just want all of us to feel better!
Cozy Coupe – I broke down and bought Sadie a Cozy Coupe. I wasn’t going to but then we had a bit of an issue on the weekend. We bought Sadie the Cozy Coupe shopping cart last year.

It was supposed to be a Christmas present but we determined at the time that Santa had spent too much money and it would wait until Easter. Well, much like buying the Cozy Coupe 2 weeks after declaring we wouldn’t, I wasn’t able to wait for Easter. I put it together this weekend and excitedly brought it out to Sadie expecting her to love it. Well, she didn’t. She couldn’t open the door and then she stuck her foot through the window and fell trying to get inside the tiny car. She cried and whined and we eventually had to distract her and make the darn thing disappear. Great parenting: Here’s a toy that looks just like the one you want but is too small for you and doesn’t work. I felt so bad I ran out and bought the real thing at the first opportunity. Is Sadie still too young to know she is spoiled?
Donor Sibling Registry - Almost 7 months after my e-mail to our DSR match and I've received a response. Like I had suspected back then, it was a listing to unload an extra vial. I'm still not sure how I feel about donor siblings at this time but I am totally bummed that we don't have any options to connect.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
I was laughing about her trying to get into the mini coupe. Yes, you had to get her one after that. LOL Was that what you meant by new car on your fb status? LMAO
ReplyDeleteYay for Disney!!! I think we should go as a big group down the road--that would be fun!
Cousins can be asses. I've learned this time and time again.
I have found Hydro pricey but only insane in the summer. I spend maybe $200 at most every 2 months. In the summer it's about $400 because of the pool and a/c.
Sorry you've been sick. Bad time of year.
I get that error message sometimes when I click on a blog on my work pc but if I go to it again, it's fine. Strange. My BB allows me to comment on most blogs.