Friday, August 13, 2010

Island Vacation Part 2

Excellent thoughts about #2 from my previous entry. I'm so confused about it all. I would LOVE to have our kids 2 years apart but being pregnant again so soon seems too soon!! If D would do it than I'd jump at it! No fuss! But seriously, I can still remember the heartburn and the fatigue! I miss my fat belly being fat with a purpose but that's about it at this point! Why does life go so fast? I really wish things would stop feeling like a race to the finish line (and then repeat). Ugh. There is also the fact that I have been an anxious mess with Sadie and the sadness. I'm looking past that because it isn't logical. I'm being set up with a PPD clinic for when I get back in town. Hopefully I'll figure out what's going on with me because until then I can only guess at what's going on. Hopefully this doesn't happen for #2 but it's not going to stop me regardless - at least I'll be prepared.
As for our vacation (since I derailed the previous entry);
A real treat being at Granny's has been meeting and playing with her Dog (Bear) and her cat (Smokey). Sadie LOVES them both. We have been practising petting the kitty without pulling his tail and we're getting good at it! I'm happy to see that Sadie is not fearful of animals. Bear is a HUGE dog with a big deep bark and we've only had tears once!
We go for daily walks to the marina to see the boats and we've been paddling in the water. Tomorrow we are going to go to the beach for some swimming!
Sadie has also really started taking to her food while here. I have her on solids twice a day now and she's just started eating with interest. I'm looking forward to getting home and starting her on some new foods and making a consistant schedule. We've pretty much been rotating pears, bananas, blueberries, carrots, and sweet potatos with cereal (rice). It's so nice that (I think) she's finally caught on (swallowing AND eating a fair portion). I feel SO behind with this since I know so many of the other December babies are eating such great menus of food and I'm sure on a much greater scale. Clearly my baby is a picky eater just like her Momma!
My mom pretty much forced me to get a play pen for Sadie today. We have one at home but it didn't fit in the car. She wants Sadie trained to sleep in her crib for naps ASAP and I see her point but I am holding strong on night co-sleeping. The problem is that there have been a couple of incidents. She fell out of bed at home and slid off the mattress (on the floor) that we're sleeping on here. So yeah, my mom thinks it's time to get her in a crib "for her own safety" and I don't think I'll hear the end of it. Granny may have been losing it but give her a purpose and then watch out!!!!



Sadie LOVES to eat books!

-- Post From My iPhone

2 comments:

  1. I need to give you a long combined comment of the past two posts, but I am pumping and it will take longer to comment! First, every kid is totally different when it comes to food. Chunk gets his name for a reason! Don't stress out- as long as she is growing and getting enough calories, she will be fine. Apples is another bland food she may love and avocados. Secondly, are you on any meds? After birth I jumped back on zoloft and still got PPD. It is scary but meds can help. I hope the clinic can work things out. As for #2, we will probably start trying in a year so that chunk is 21/2 when a baby would come home. It is scary exciting to think about! Shoot me an email if you want to know more on anything above---boob is empty, time to shower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that picture is adorable!!! she is so grown up, all of a sudden!

    we are still holding on to co-sleeping too...but its getting harder. keep us posted on those nap efforts!

    ReplyDelete