Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy ONE WEEK Birthday Sadie!!!

One week ago at this very time I would have been in the OR being prepped for my c-section, scared out of my mind, and begging/screaming for Ativan. Sadie would be arriving shortly at 12:45 am and our lives would change forever. I'm tearing up just thinking about it... what an amazing week!!!!

So much has happened and things are still hectic so this will be quick.... but with lots of pictures because that's the fun part anyway!

Brief update on things I'd like to blog about if/when coherent again:
1) Birth Story/Hospital stay - working on this!! I want to document it all and never forget it!
2) Breast Feeding = FAIL
3) Pediatrician = WINNER
4) Are stretch marks supposed to hurt more than your c-section? HOLY COW... ouch!
5) Our awesome Doula

Pic#1 - Sadie's "WTF" face. We get this often as she questions our choices!
Pic #2 - D says she looks like a little rapper in this one when really I'm just holding her too tight! Check out her LONG fingers. It's crazy!! That is a donor trait because I have short baby fingers!

Pic #3 - First trip to the pediatrician. Oops, looks like that hat may be too big!

Pic #4 - Starting the Disney Indoctrination early

12 comments:

  1. Happy 1 week Sadie! she is just so freaking adorable! I love her holding Minnie and take your time about blogging. we'll still be here waiting for you to fully recover! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! Happy bday! Can you believe how fast a week goes? I can't believe Connor is three weeks today! WTF? Where does time go? Sorry that b/f is a fail...are you still trying? It does get better and easier after that first week. Btw, I love the rapper look.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, she is soooo cute! Glad to hear you're all doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a week indeed! I love her WTF face!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw, she's adorable!!! happy 1 week, sadie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some crazy long fingers. Maybe she will be an awesome piano player :) She's too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is adorable! BFing is pretty tough, and I have a good supply. My issues are more around my lazy "gourmet" feeder boy. I am on week 3 and it is getting easier. It's not easy, but it is easier than last week. Hope you're able to hang in there, but don't beat yourself up if you aren't.

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute!

    sorry on the breastfeeding...it ain't easy. i failed at it the first time around (i think it was riley's latch).

    looking forward to hearing more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is adorable! I can't wait to hear more about all those bulleted topics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. GAH! I am so sorry I missed this-- I updated my blogroll and for some reason yours fell off (I swear it was NOT personal) until I was all, "What HAPPENED to those lovely ladies and Sadie?" And then I went looking for you....

    Wow wow wow she is just precious and I am so happy that you are al doing so well.

    I missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations. What a beautiful girl xxx

    ReplyDelete