I'm so in love!
My little Thumb Sucker:
Sadie is such a mini-me. when I was a child I would suck my thumb and twirl my hair and Sadie does it too! Her hands are always in position - all she needs is more hair! It's crazy!!
Belly Button:

Last night Sadie's umbilical cord stump fell off leaving behind this cute little button. I wish D was given the chance to cut the cord at birth but I guess that isn't an option with C-Sections? She was also cleaned so quickly neither of us saw her straight out of the womb. I would have loved a messy picture!!
Still working on the birth story!!
What a cutie. I'm glad you are enjoying every moment with her.
ReplyDeleteBabies are addicting, huh!
ReplyDeleteAw, she is adorable. I know what you mean - we barely ever put Shanie down. Hope we don't live to regret it :)
ReplyDeleteAw, I love the thumb sucking photo!
ReplyDeleteAwww.
ReplyDeleteI never put my babies down either. I learned to blog while a child was on my chest/lap. And I love wraps because it meant hands free. Got the CuddlyWrap...awesome.
Angele didn't cut the cord either. Riley had it around her neck twice so they had to cut it ahead of time...did she cut it after? I don't recall. With Jackson it's a blur because he was rushed off and I didn't see him for 30 minutes. It's crazy how birth can be so different than you imagine it to be. :P
We held our babies a lot when they were little too. You can't spoil them at this age so hold away!
ReplyDeleteI didn't get to cut Erik's cord because they had to whisk him away right away, but they left some so I could cut it after. With Ian I got to do it right after he was born, which was neat.
But the coolest thing was the nurse showing us the placenta after Erik was born. Wow. That was cool!
I did cut the cord with Riley but only after it had been removed from around her neck and Jackson I didn't because he was wisked away like Erik because of shock... - Angele
ReplyDelete