In response to my birth story I wanted to clarify that although my induction sucked my only issue is that I allowed my body to be treated the way it was because I was naive. I should have stood up for myself and taken control. When I found out I was 0 cm dilated I should have stopped the induction and discussed my options.
That said, regardless of the hoopla I went through, I do not have any negative feelings regarding the birth. The medicine behind induction is a farce and I now know that. Lets FORCE nature. Lets pick that scab...yet IRONICALLY I still like my doctor and I would go back to him and the hospital for our second. That may sound like the silliest statement ever but I guess it's proof I was (at the very least) not traumatized by my experience!
Also, I don't mean to be so hard on a teaching hospital. All of the med students and residents I had encountered up to my induction were awesome. The shitty resident really was awful. No bedside manner and very rough. She deserved to be kicked in the head (I wish I had) but really was one of a kind. It was her last day and I'm guessing she really felt like she no longer cared! At one point she said to me "this really isn't a difficult procedure". My thought? Then you're in the wrong profession!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway.. I will end this post with some pictures!!
Love the bath pics! We have the same tub for Shanie :)
ReplyDeleteOMG! Loving the feet!!
ReplyDeleteWe also have the same whale tub for Connor! I feel ya on blogging... I do good to post once a week!
ReplyDeleteAwesome pics and glad to have you back blogging!
ReplyDeleteyes post more. ;)
ReplyDeletelove the bath pics.
glad you don't feel negative about your birth because i've seen many women have a hard time dealing with their birth story. it does sound like the resident sucked which happens, teaching hospital or not. i had a shitty nurse for part of my delivery with riley but an awesome one at the same hospital for jackson
Adorable bath pictures! It looks like Sadie actually enjoys the tub (unlike our little guy who SCREAMS the whole time!) It's good that you are ok with the birth, but wonderful that you are becoming more educated for next time!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cutie.
ReplyDelete