Monday, May 25, 2009

Updates...

I do not have bad morning sickness at all. I just feel gross all the time. It’s like perpetual sea sickness. Most often it is not enough to throw up but it’s always there. I’m also extremely tired all the time and can barely eat at all. For what it’s worth, I feel extremely blessed that what I’m experiencing is not worse and I’m actually happy to be feeling pregnant. I really feel for those of you who suffer extreme symptoms.
That said I’m weak and shaky. I’m certain the only vitamins I’m getting are in my prenatal. I’m even having a hard time with flat water and have resorted to drinking Perrier. I don’t know what to do about this and I’m having a hard time believing I will ever enjoy food again. Honestly, I never would have guessed that PLAIN spaghetti with no sauce would be desirable but it’s all I want to eat right now. I wanted to eat better and I had been eating well up until about 2 weeks ago. Now I’m just trying to get by. I guess it doesn’t help that I’m also grieving the loss of Frank.
Boo.
In other news, we haven’t bought our car yet. I can’t believe how badly I procrastinate. It has always been hard for us to justify owning because we live downtown. The reason we’d be taking the plunge now is because I want to have a car before my appointments increase and the baby. The unfortunate truth is that downtown public transportation (Streetcars and Subways) are not suitable to infants in strollers. We live on a subway route and our station is not accessible. Only about 40% of stations are. It’s a total pain.We’ve also started to seriously consider leaving downtown and Toronto. It’s amazing the look of horror I see on my friends faces when I say this. People can’t believe that we’d ever move but I think we may be ready. My tolerance for all things downtown is decreasing. Things are annoying me more than ever and it will only get worse over the summer with an increase in tourists and events like Pride and Carabana (both make me want to run for the hills). Ultimately we will stay in the condo through my mat leave so that I can have the amenities of downtown (including our doctor) close by. After that we will see what happens but I doubt we will be staying in the city

5 comments:

  1. We seem to be m/s twins as my experience is very similar to yours. Feeling crappy, but it could be worse.

    Hope you find a car soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lived on cashews, for protein, and english muffins in my first tri. Occassionally I might have a homemade smoothy including a cup of yogurt and some frozen fruit in the blender. Maybe I could handle some mashed potatoes. It is tough! It gets better, but food was weird for me until a few months after my daughter was born. But she shows no problems from my lack of healthy diet or any vegetables in my first trimester. :) Apparently, your diet is not a big concern until the second tri, or close to the halfway mark.
    My symptoms were so much like yours. Constant sickness, but rarely bad enough to be sick. Lots of food aversions, soooooo freaking exhausted. I went to bed close to 7 almost every night and napped on weekends. Water was hard, try lemonade, I found it helped with the sick feeling. And, if you want, water it down so it is not as strong. Just enough flavor to help with the sick feeling and not taste like water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i grew tired of downtown after 4 years. it really is nice outside of the city!

    i felt the same grossness but wanted to eat constantly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. as for the ttc, i hear ya. our rt station isn't accessible either. i used to take the escalator up and then when i had to walk down stairs, i'd carry the kid and drag the stroller down behind me. it's so stupid!

    try buying something like the cuddlywrap (love it and you can get it at diaper-eez on bloor). it is awesome and you could easily take transit with it on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I feel so normal (for a first). I'm glad to hear this grossness is so common. =P Awesome!

    Stacey - We've lived in the city for 10 years this August. For the first 6.5 years we lived in the Bathurst and St. Clair area and LOVED IT. Now we're in our 4th year DOWNTOWN and I'm about to lose my mind it is so annoying. Not sure where we'll move but I'm certainly NOT downtown core material. bleh.

    ReplyDelete