My prenatal check up went well but there isn’t much to say about it. It was pretty much the same as my yearly physical with the addition of filling out extra paperwork. Embarrassingly I wasn’t at all prepared for answering the medical questionnaire. My first blunder was when I was asked the ethnicity of our donor. The only thing I could come up with was “Caucasian”. In the beginning of TTC details like that were important. My description is now something along the lines of: tall white dude with big feet, brown hair and brown eyes. When did I get so flippant?
For the record, he is English/Irish.
I left the appointment extremely confused. I love my doctor but I do wish she wasn’t so extremely flexible. Rather than booking my appointments she gave me the option of setting the times myself. That way I could work them into my schedule. This seemed to be a good solution until I realized everything I had to remember. I have to book my integrated first trimester screening which is an ultrasound and blood work for genetic disorders. I also need to go back in for some prenatal blood work to check iron levels etc. I’ll be seeing her again in about a month for another check up. Honestly, after writing that all down it doesn’t seem as crazy as it had last night!
Also, I completely forgot to ask about the schedule for the anatomy scan. I have too many other things on my mind right now. I just want the 19th to come and go with no issues.
It's so true! As sad as it sounds the only thing I really remember about our donor is his number, hair and eye color. That's only because that's what they ask us for when we place an order. Hope things get less hectic for you.
ReplyDeleteGuess I better brush up on my donor's stats, eh? Cause I couldn't answer that question right now either! Hope your schedule works itself out easily. I'm with you - just schedule me and I'll call if there's a problem.
ReplyDeleteThe 18th (for me) and the 19th (for you) just can't come soon enough!
I'm with you and glamcookie...time is going by SO VERY slow right now. My u/s is on the 18th and time is standing still and I am almost convincing myself that soemthing will go wrong. Not healthy. Too funny about the donor..we are the same way. I have to print off my last donor's long profile b/c I barely remember anything, but I can remember every detail of donor #1 that didn't work. Go figure!
ReplyDeletei got a take home packet to fill out from my last OB - i had to go dig out the paperwork to be able to answer any of the questions about the donor! good luck next week!
ReplyDeletethe whole donor thing does end up like that after we've been at it this long!
ReplyDeleteWe call our favorite by his number and his nickname: "renaissance man".
Now we are adding an egg donor into the mix - that should be fun. Good luck figuring out all the appointments - it does sound confusing. When do you get to see the baby?
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has forgotten their donor info!!! I actually need to purchase the long profile because my guy was the "freebie" profile in the fall and I forgot to save it! oops!
ReplyDeleteWe're getting so close to the 18th/19th!!! yay!