Thursday, February 19, 2009

Here I am...or at least a version of me!

I can't believe I haven't posted since February 7th! My brain is turning into goo and I blame Metformin! Thankfully the bad side effects have gone away and I no longer feel like I'm walking sideways but I have found that I have very little desire to do anything recreational that requires thought. This includes blogging and reading!

So much has happened in the last couple of weeks. My stepmother was let go from her job (of 26 years) as part of a mass layoff that happened this morning. The recession has finally hit close to home! I honestly don't know what my parents are going to do since my father has been a SAHD for the past 10 years. The only good news is that she did get a really good package. There is time for her to look for a new job however I am doubtful she will be able to find one as lucrative as the one she has lost. This sucks. I'm not at all in the mood to celebrate my own career move at all (tomorrow is my last day in my old position).

In happier news my brother turned 10 last weekend! I spent the weekend celebrating with my family and had a really great time. He's a wee bit spoiled and had 3 birthday parties. The first party was Friday night at the pub where my brother performs. D and I made it in for the last half of the band's set and in time for the cake and some dinner. We were out of there by 8:30 and heading to our next destination. This time it was to an Irish jam session where we hung out for a couple of hours before heading home. It's sad to say but my 10 year old brother is able to stay up later than I am! I was exhausted and still had to drive home!
The second birthday party was at laser quest with 12 of my brother's little friends. The kids had a blast but in my opinion the place was a dump. One of the kids got my brother the game "Are you smarter than a 5th grader?" and my brother turned to him and said "Noooooo, I'm only in the 4th grade!!!". He's a smart ass but that WAS pretty funny!
The third and final birthday part was at the house for family and adult friends. My dad arrange an impromptu jam session for my brother so we had great entertainment! 3 birthday parties and 3 birthday cakes! Here are some pictures:
Party #1:

Party #2:

Party #3

I have my follow-up appointment at the new clinic tomorrow. I'll find out my results of my recent testing however I suspect it will be pretty predictable. There has been nothing wrong in the past and I'm pretty sure they would have called me if they'd actually found something.
I'm really hoping that we come out of tomorrows meeting with a good plan. I hope the doctor will be able to give us some direction because I haven't been able to make a decision regarding Letrozole vs. Clomid. I feel like I want to try Letrozole because Clomid has not worked the 4x I've used it and it's something new to try. However Metformin is also something new. Letrozole does not produce multiple follicles. It works to create one high quality egg. It's good for people who have had side effects from Clomid like thinning of the lining however I haven't. I haven't had any Clomid side effects. We'll see what she says...!
I've also just had my annual physical. I need to go back to my doctor for a biopsy on a mole that is looking a bit funny. D swears this mole has never changed and the doctor didn't seem overly concerned - just cautious. That's a bit of stress I don't really need so I've booked the appointment for early next week.

2 comments:

  1. The parties sound fun. Wow, he plays in a band? That's pretty impressive for a 10 year old!

    Glad to hear things are okay for you and hope the clinic can help you have your baby! I am hoping all of the new beginnings mean that things will finally go your way! Good luck with the new position.

    Being laid off sucks. I've been laid off twice in my short career due to business changes. But getting a package can be wonderful if you get a job soon afterwards so maybe it'll all work out for the best. Maybe she'll find something she enjoys even more. I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things are going pretty good right now except for the layoff thing. I fear it so much because you just never know!!
    My brother performs with a band but he's not part of one yet. He's quite gifted so hopefully one day! Until then he mostly joins in on Jam sessions and performs solo.

    ReplyDelete