I'm going to try to do something completely different this vacation - blog as I go! That way I won't feel guilty when I don't have a documented trip report.
We hit the road yesterday to make it down to the Philadelphia area a day before the borders were likely going to be madness (Canada Day). This is our 4th roadtrip of that length (8 hours) with Sadie and I'm starting to feel like a pro! We left at 7:30 AM and arrived at our destination at 6:30 PM. It was a long day and I was tired but Sadie held up remarkably well.
We hit the road yesterday to make it down to the Philadelphia area a day before the borders were likely going to be madness (Canada Day). This is our 4th roadtrip of that length (8 hours) with Sadie and I'm starting to feel like a pro! We left at 7:30 AM and arrived at our destination at 6:30 PM. It was a long day and I was tired but Sadie held up remarkably well.
How we entertained Sadie:
"Learn to Play Piano with Elmo". This book is a lot of fun. It comes with a small keyboard attached and inside are songs to play on it. The best part is the "piano" is a nice sound (crazy, right?) and doesn't get annoying at all. Sadie loves pounding on the keyboard and if she ever lets us, I bet playing the litte songs will be fun too!
"AquaDoodle Travel n Doodle". This is pretty cool. You fill a "pen" with water and it scribbles in blue. Sadie loves it and it works out amazing for when she decides to draw on herself, her Mommy, her car seat, etc.
And of course, we had the holy grail of road trip sanity, my iPhone, loaded with episodes of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. What would we do without it??? I love my iPhone!!
One last secret to our success was letting Sadie have time to be a kid. Normally we'd rush a trip like this to try to get to our destination as quickly as possible but from now on we'll save that for when we fly. We decided to stop at the half way mark for some "fun" at the Discovery Center in Binghamton, NY. We LOVE this place and were happy to fit it into our schedule.
Eating Lunch at the "Story Garden"
Peter Rabit's Garden
When we get home we're getting her a broom!
Holy Cow!
Shopping at the Grocery Store!
Pooping at the Grocery Store (Isn't it good we toilet train?)
It was a great day! We arrived just in time for dinner and went to The Cheesecake Factory. They are great with kids and gave Sadie a little plate with bread and banana to snack on waiting for our food. We had a HUGE meal and then brought Cheesecake back to our Hotel! Coming soon will be "HOw to gain 40lbs while vacationing with J & D". haha
No comments:
Post a Comment