Sensing our impending divorce, my mother offered to watch Sadie this weekend so we could have couple time. So much of our time lately has been spent apart or arguing when we are together. We really needed this time.
On Friday night we went to the movies and saw Black Swan. We had a good time although the movie wasn't as dark as I'd thought it would be. Coincidentally my cousin saw it that night as well and to quote her: "I'm not sure if I liked it or if I hated it". Yep.
My mom watched Sadie again on Sunday so we could go shopping in the states. We'd been itching to go but I wasn't comfortable taking Sadie in the so-so weather.
The trip there was a bit blizzard like but it was helpful because we ended up at the Niagara Fashion Outlets. We hadn't been there in years and were surprised by how many stores we were interested in. We ended up buying Sadie 4 pairs of shoes for $40. A great deal considering 3 pairs were Stride Rite brand which are about $40 each pair in Canada. We went with size 5 (current size), 2 pairs of 5.5 and a pair of size 6. The Stride Rite are all lace up since Sadie is able to escape straps, buckles and Velcro. She wore the first pair yesterday and didn't pull them off once! It's amazing how well she's able to walk in them.
D had to be pulled away from the Kate Spade and Coach stores. Both had amazing sales but right now we can't justifying spending money on purses. Did I mention that my step-mother bought us fake Coach bags for Christmas? I'm not petty so I won't comment about how tacky that is.
Afterward we headed out to our original destination for lunch and some more shopping. We had a fantastic meal at The Cheesecake Factory (as we usually do) and left with Cheesecake to go. Yum.
We stopped by Target and Toys R Us on the way home. Target really disapointed us. Sadie scored some Little People (more Noah's animals) at TRU which are not available at home. She loves her Arc! She also got an adorable toddler handbag from Baby Gap.
Seriously, she wasn't even with us but everything was abou her. It was a great time and we hope to arrange some more child free adventures. We're lucky to have my mom.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Yay for couple time! Yeah, whenever we get away by ourselves we also still talk about the kids, shop for the kids, etc. :)
ReplyDeleteAgreed, life is all about the kids. That sounds like a great time and I might have had "a moment" at a Kate Spade outlet...omg.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good time! We are hoping to see Black Swan this weekend. I'll let you know if I hate it or love it :)
ReplyDeleteSo necessary as parents to get that break. Glad you were able to take time for yourselves. I loved "Black Swan" personally but I totally see your point.
ReplyDeleteI wish we had the time/energy to get to the outlets. I just bought the kids each a pair of shoes ON SALE and it cost over $70.
真愛旅舍視頻聊天室-live173影音視訊live秀
ReplyDelete真愛旅舍視頻聊天室-live173影音視訊live秀
真愛旅舍視頻聊天室-live173影音視訊live秀
真愛旅舍視頻聊天室-live173影音視訊live秀
live173影音live秀-免費視訊-uu視頻聊天室
live173影音live秀-免費視訊-uu視頻聊天室
live173影音live秀-免費視訊-真愛旅舍視頻聊天室
live173影音live秀-免費視訊-真愛旅舍視頻聊天室
真愛旅舍視頻
live173影音live秀,真愛旅舍視頻聊天室