We just got back from the Dr with prescriptions for amoxicillin and clavulanic acid (D and I) and instructions to watch Sadie for
the next couple of days to make sure she's getting better. I'm glad they didn't put her on meds.
This is the third time I've been sick since mid-December and it's becoming very old. Sadie seems to get the lesser of whatever I have which is always good. I panic each time thinking that she feels as horrible as I do because I've been feeling really shitty. For the most part she just gets a snotty nose. This time she definately has the worst cold she's had to date. Her poor little nose has alien life forms errupting from it. ):


Napping on the couch. My poor baby!
We feel pretty guilty about hpw this played out because we went out on Saturday to meet up with a new Queer moms group. We honestly thought Sadie was just teething and had warned them on Thursday that she had a runny nose. I guess we couldn't have known it was going to get much worse for all of us!
As for the actual meet up, it went fantastic! All of the moms are in the West end (further west from Toronto than where we live) and oddly we had a connection to each of them - including a bloggy connection with Laurie and Heather from creating a miracle! The kids that were there were 3 yo,18 months, 10 months and 2x 13 months - and ALL girls! Sadie was the only walker (aside from the 3 yo) so we had a bit more running to do than the others but it was still a nice social outing. We already have another meet-up planned for Valentines day!
(North York/Durham moms who want in on the group, I'll send you the info via FB. It's a distance for you but they are young families like us. Not older kids.)
Anyway.. My silver lining at the end of this craptastic weekend is that we've made more IRL connections and that we're happy this whole illness is happening NOW and not next weekend when we're booked solid Friday, Saturday and Sunday!!
Tomorrow is my appointment with my GP so I'll post an update to my previous post once I speak with her. I hope we can get this sorted once and for all!
Aww.. Sadie looks like such a big girl in that last picture! I hope you guys are all feeling better soon :(
ReplyDeleteWho was the blog connection with us??
You're sending them a diaper in the mail.... But not labeling it a BG. (;
ReplyDeletesick here too...feels like constantly sometimes.
ReplyDeletehope you all feel better soon.
glad you met up with a cool group. it's not qwak right? (queer women .. with kids) because we had a bad experience with them. anyway, would be interested in knowing about the group. :)