Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hypnosis

Does Hypnosis sound totally crazy?
I've been thinking about trying it out to see if it can help with my anxiety and depression issues. There is a place in Toronto that offers a free 30 min consultation and a money back guarantee if you are not happy after 3 sessions.
I'm honestlu getting a bit desperate to find something that will make me feel better. I haven't been writing it but I feel terrible most of the time. When I drive home from work I'm a zombie/ on the verge of tears. I don't know how I manage to even get to work let alone survive the day to schlep back home.
It's THAT bad.
Maybe something totally different will work?




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

16 comments:

  1. Are you on any meds? Or can you see a counselor? Zoloft is great for both anxiety and depression. So sorry that you are feeling so poorly and hopefully toucan fond something that will work for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am on meds (Effexor) but they don't seem to be working. I've been to the doctor so many times as well as two specialists for PPD and they just keep me on it and change the dose. One said more, the next said less... And therapy or counselling doesn't work. I've tried and tried again and I just don't get anything from it.
    I think at this point I just want to try something new. Maybe go the homeopathic route, hypnosis, acupuncture or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Curious to know what was deleted ^^

    Did someone want to tell me hypnosis is that crazy? Or that I am? ):

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have any experience or advice, just hugs and support!

    ... and I, too, hate when people delete their comments. I'm left forever wondering...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes people delete when they accidentally double post. I get everything in email so I always know what people post.

    You should switch meds. Not every med works for every person. If you've been on it for a while with different dosages then I think you may just need something else. Angele had to switch meds before finding the best one.

    I don't think natural remedies are crazy. Go for it! Hope you start feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know enough about hypnosis to comment. I know my mom did it once for weight loss but it didn't really work for very long. If you think it might help, it doesn't hurt to try it.

    You should tell your doctor that you really insist on switching meds. Not every med works for every person. When Kim was diagnosed with ppd, her doctor said that she may have to try different things until they found one that worked.

    Hope you find something that works soon. Be persistent with your doctor and say this isn't working and I need to not feel like this anymore, we need to try something else. Ask for a second opinion if you need to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. About the comments, I get them by email too so even if someone deletes something, I still see it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have my physical on Tuesday and I plan on bringing up meds again. I was on Effexor before and during pregnancy with good results but I think something in my body's chemistry has changed and it's no longer the right fit. It's exhausting to think about going back to sampling different meds again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have no advise. Just wanted to send ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think trying something different certainly can't hurt. It might not be long-term but it also might be enough to jump-start your system for a while so you can get enough clarity/energy/peace to figure out what to do next.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are you seeing a psychiatrist or GP? I think it sounds out if your GPs scope. Definitely try to see a psychiatrist if you aren't already. Alternative therapies such as hypnosis couldn't hurt I don't think. Try all angles. I'm sorry you are dealing with this - I know how horrible it is. ((( hugs)))
    And PS - definitely try another drug if you get that suggestion from an expert - Effexor sounds like it's ineffexual!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you should explore all your options and if this doesn't work then you can say you tried (and the money back thing is a nice fall back). Being sad stinks...and hopefully you can find something that will work for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry for the confusion!! For some reason my comment posted twice so I deleted the second one-- no trickery or negative comment, just a faulty blogger app ;) To address your response to my comment, counseling doesn't work for me either, but zoloft is amazing. I also recommend acupuncture for anxiety- I had it during ttc and it was miracle! I literally could feel my anxiety melt away! Good luck dear and sorry about the delete issue!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We've been trying hypnosis for the last couple of months (although have only made it to an appt 3/4 times during that). It's been mostly for stress relief/anxiety type issues and we have really loved it. I think it definitely depends who you go to and what kind of rapport you have with that person, K (my wife) has been to someone else a couple of years ago and it was a disaster because the woman was such a bitch lol but this time round we get on well with the hypnotist.

    I would say definitely try it, especially with the free consult and money back guarantee - if you don't like it you don't have to go back, but from experience I'd say it's worth the effort to try.

    ReplyDelete
  16. If you are interested in therapy, I recommend one who specializes in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). It's great for anxiety and depression. I think hypnosis sounds a little hookey but that's just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete