First - I started writing a comment in response to my previous entry but realized that it's an entry on its own. So Thank-you to S., Shannon, Shea and Stacey for making me feel better about Sadie's recent frustrating behaviour. Everyone says that the first 6 weeks are the hardest but that isn't necessarily true! You are certainly the most tired during that time but Sadie was so small and sweet. She'd sleep and cuddle all day long. I guess what I'm saying is that I wasn't prepared for her to start demanding independence so soon. So far I've been practicing "fly by the seat of your pants" parenting but I think it may be time to start reading up on development. I want to be sure I'm not boring her and that I'm providing the stimulation she needs to grow and learn. It's a lot pressure.
Sleep Schedule - We're not going to have a strict sleep schedule because that is a pain. I want Sadie to be flexible to nap anywhere at anytime just like her Momma! What I have noticed is that the more she naps in the day the more she sleeps at night. We've had some success over the weekend since I've started implementing "forced naps". She slept for 6.5 hours on Sunday night. That's the longest to date and it was LUXURIOUS. I've also started to experiment with putting her in her crib when she is still awake and she has fallen asleep 3x on her own. Another battle is working on nap time in her crib. I went to Ikea yesterday to pick up dark curtains so our bedroom isn't as bright in the day time. I'm honestly not sure what it is with the crib but Sadie sleeps in it at night but is so stubborn about it during the day. I'm really hoping she will eventually sleep in the crib more than she sleeps on me! Maybe the darker room will help?
Happy 3 Month Birthday Sadie!!

Our baby girl is now officially 3 months old and has:
* Laughed for the first time yesterday! So adorable!! Mommy was able to hear it over the phone.
* Started to grab at her toys. She is having a lot more fun playing with her gym.
* Discovered her hands and feet.
* Likes to be carried forward facing in her carrier.
Sadie forward facing in her Sleepy Wrap:

Sadie in her Bumbo (it has really helped with her desire to sit-up and is strengthening her neck muscles):
Tomorrow we are going to "Stars and Strollers" to see the movie "The Last Song". There are two movies shown every Wednesday that are specifically for the parent/baby crowed. I'm hoping this works out because I'm an entertainment junkie and really miss seeing first run movies in the theatre!We also have our first music class this week and next week we start Salsa Babies! After my lunch with "Super-mom" I looked into Salsa Babies and decided to drop stroller fit and do it instead. I figured Sadie would get a lot more out of dancing than being pushed around in a stroller.
It feels good to get out. I hope our activities work out!
NOTE: Not sure why some of this has underlined but I have no time to fix it!!
She is so cute!!
ReplyDeleteI can remember Erik refusing to nap in his crib even though he was fine in it at night. He was older than Sadie is but we finally just had to get seriously consistent about it - he was maybe around 6 months old. We introduced a mini-version of our bedtime routine so he'd know sleep was expected. And I know that's when we introduced the soother and blankie so he'd have something other than Kim to soothe himself with. It worked but I think it took some time. We got rid of the soother a couple years later and he still has the blankie. :) Might be easier to transition Sadie to naps in the crib because she's younger now than Erik was when we finally did it. Keep us posted. I don't think we really had this problem with Ian.
Glad the Bumbo is working!!
She is so adorable. I love that wrap--I had one similar (cuddlywrap) and it was my best friend.
ReplyDeleteRiley also refused naps in her crib and it took some time before she would. I think over time it will happen--just keep trying it. I don't remember how it worked out for Riley (I'm sure I blogged about it lol) but never got to that with Jackson--he napped on me, in the swing and in our bed. Oh well. :P
Stars & Strollers is great when they're young because they'll often nap during it. Some theatres set up a table at the back or just outside of the theatre so you can do diaper changes without missing anything. They keep it not quite dark and turn the volume down. It's pretty awesome to be able to get out and see movies. Enjoy it because for #2, your eldest will be too old for it if it's not a kids' movie. ;)
I'm going to message you and Shannon so maybe we can set up a playdate. Get you out and about some more. :)
Tiff and I were just talking about establishing a schedule and how hard it is.... I also don't want to force nap and he falls asleep so well on his own, why mess with a good thing. I hope you love your sleepy wrap. Mine is amazing and I use it almost every day! She is such a cutie and I am glad to see her in her bumbo...I was thinking chunk may be too loosey-goosey but maybe not. Super cool.
ReplyDeleteHey,
ReplyDeleteSadie looks so happy. She's so lucky to have parents like you. It's awesome that she's sleeping so well, you must be so happy.
I found your blog while searching for heartfelt and helpful stories while dealing with Infertility. I think your personal story could help those who are going through a hard time and looking for support throughout their journey with Infertility. Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network (HBN) is comprised of over 3,000 of bloggers who support each other through 150 communities including infertility, depression, dealing with loss and adoption.
For more information about joining, please visit http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger or email me at hua [at] wellsphere [dot] com
Best,
Hua
Director of Blogger Networks