This is going to be LONG and there is more! I have saved drafts I haven't published and some date back to JANUARY! Oh my!!
MOTHER - My mom has gone home and I miss her. I kept forgetting she was gone and for the first 2 nights after she left would quietly take Sadie down for her night feedings expecting to hear her ask what time it was. She may not have allowed for any napping but she did sit with me late at night and got up with me early in the morning. Sadie and I are alone together most of the time so it was very nice to have some company. I hope she'll come down again soon.
Although the visit was nice we were not without some issues. She explained that she was upset with me (crazy phone call that happened in December) because she couldn't understand why I didn't want HER to take care of Sadie over a stranger (day care). We've come to an agreement and I've told her she can take care of Sadie for the 8 months (12-20 months) before Sadie goes to Montessori School. If she does move down to Toronto we may consider half-day Montessori although we do want some sort of structured early education.
She also cried when my dad called. Sobbing tears and cursed him out to D the entire time I was on the phone with him. She is really pissed off that my Dad gets more time with us and Sadie and I'm not allowed to remind her that he lives closer.
We really need to get my mom back down to Southern Ontario. Her fantasy of living on an island is OVER and it is becoming so obvious she feels trapped and is miserable.
Montessori School: I went on a tour of the Montessori school we want Sadie to attend and got her on the wait list for September 2011. We were told there would be a spot for her based on where she was on the wait list and because 12 spots were opening up due to children graduating to Casa. For this school the children enter during either the Fall or Winter semester and need to be 18 months. The curriculum includes french 3x per week, drama and yoga. I was able to see the lunch/snack menu and it was all very healthy food. Registration is next February.
Activities: Sadie starts music class at the end of the month. It is a 3 month program for parents and children under 1. She really responds to music so I'm looking forward to learning some new songs to sing with her. Other upcoming activities include Stroller Fit starting in May and swimming class once she is 6 months old. We'd like to try Gymboree as well but I think she is too young right now. Maybe in the fall?
Play date: I'm meeting up with a mom from my prenatal class on Thursday. Her daughter was born on Christmas day so she is only 5 days older than Sadie. She is also the only other girl born from our class. There is a strong potential for future play dates so I'm hoping we get along. Sadie could have her first little friend!
Shopping: I've been spending way too much money lately! I ordered a Sleepy Wrap from ebay this morning after reading about how much Jen (Adventures of Jen, Tiff and Mr. Munchkin) loves hers. We already have a Peanut Shell wrap that is the same concept but it is black with a rhinestone bedazzled cupcake. It's functional but tacky and I'm justifying my purchase by saying Sadie will be too hot in black this summer. CLEARLY pink is the better option.
I'll be known as "the girl with the baby in the pink Sleepy Wrap".
PMS: AF is on her evil way or I've turned into a monster bitch. I actually yelled at a car today (as a pedestrian). WTH was I thinking?
Sadie is stirring which brigs this post to a close - not that it was cutoff too short or anything!!
Glad that your visit with your mother went better than you expected. I love the activities you've set up for her.
ReplyDeleteYou will LOVE your Sleepy Wrap! It is now a staple. The first couple times it is awkward to wrap and insert kid, but there are actually how-to videos on YouTube which made it much easier to catch on. Enjoy. Oh, and I am totally impressed with your infant activity level.
ReplyDelete