I'm still in a funk. You'd think that after almost 3 months I'd be a pro at this but instead I'm getting more and more worn out. I'm so tired and I'm finding Sadie harder to deal with right now. She's constantly trying to sit up. She's always squirming and grunting and generally isn't satisfied until she's in an upright position. This means her bouncer is out, her swing is out, lounging in her boppy is out, laying in my arms is out - the ONLY thing she wants to do is sit in my lap and generally prefers facing the TV. Yes, our daughter is essentially turning into a couch potato. Because of this I've taken to leaving the TV off. Sorry kiddo but you're not going to be a 3 month old that is addicted to TV. I'm pretty bored but it's worth it.
I've also found that she is getting really cranky when she's tired. Before it seemed like she'd just fall asleep when she needed to. Now she stays up until she NEEDS a nap and we pretty much force her to. I'll take her in my arms with a Soothie and she'll be asleep in seconds. I think this means it's time to start scheduling naps?
Thankfully it's Friday. I'm looking forward to the weekend with D because I need a break! My goal for next week is to get her on a schedule. I also went out and bought her a bumbo and I hope that satisfies her need to be an independent sitting up baby!
Here are a few pictures!!

I made Sadie a Tutu. There is more Tutu than baby!!

As you can see, it isn't easy to take pictures of Sadie these days. She's always moving!

Sadie and her Momma!! (Me!)
what cute pictures!!
ReplyDeleteim going through the same thing with my girl - she only seems to be happy when standing up. we've given up tv during all of her waking ours because she is *enthralled* by it. its so much harder now than it was in those early weeks! (well, harder in a different way, i guess!)
hang in there - we'll get through this phase too ((()))
Sadie sounds a lot like Ian. He always wanted to (and still does want to be) upright. Now he only wants to stand holding onto the couch. It's hard because we obviously have to be right there. And when he's sitting playing and gets tired of that (quickly), he starts whining. He's kind of high maintenance. LOL.
ReplyDeleteIf she's falling asleep that easily, a nap schedule will probably just happen. You'll probably have to start trying to get her to nap when she first seems tired - sometimes when they get overtired it's wayyy harder to get them to go to sleep. They kind of get past the point of tired and then they can't sleep and are just cranky. Erik is 3 and STILL goes to sleep easier if he doesn't get overtired.
Babies are hard work but you're doing a great job. Hang in there. We should set up that playdate soon - maybe after Easter?
tell me about the funk. i think its the age because i felt the same way when kayden was that age. it will get better. sadie is such a cutie! i have to find kay a little dress/skirt like sadies.
ReplyDeleteAhhhh, I was going to suggest a bumbo and then got to the bottom and read you went out and bought her one. I hope that helps. Are you in to wearing/carrying her? Maybe she would enjoy being strapped to you in an upright position as you do things around the house. Seems like she is trying to exercise her new skills.
ReplyDeleteshe's adorable.
ReplyDelete3 months is one of the less pleasant stages in terms of ease of care. They want stuff but can't do a thing and you can't wait until they can sit on their own and play with toys. It's a tough age but it'll fly by.
after this, there will be others like jackson's 1 year old stage of not wanting to go in the car seat, not staying still for a diaper change and throwing tantrums. good times. ;)
do you want to get together one weekend after easter with us and shannon & kim? what is your availability? that way you can get out because getting out of the house helps a lot. also, do check out ontario early years because just getting out of the house helps your baby and you not feel trapped or bored.
also, i'm with shannon...don't stress about a schedule. my friend is on a strict schedule and it was a pain in the ass to get together with her. lol. we just let the kids nap when they're tired. there's a "general" schedule as in you know the time when they go down. but don't feel pressured to have a strict schedule. just my two cents. babies can learn to nap anywhere too so if you like to go out, do it.
ReplyDeleteoh - dear - I hope the weekend gave you something of a break! You gals look awfully cute. Hope the bumpo makes all the difference!
ReplyDelete