Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sadie's Passport!

We're going to the passport office to apply for Sadie's passport tomorrow. We'd heard nightmare stories of how hard it is to get a good photo but Sadie was an excellent model! The photographer (Sears photo studio) said she was the easiest baby she's ever photographed for a passport.
To take the picture I was draped in a white blanket and I held Sadie on my knees. I had to hold her up straight with my arm (also behind a blanket) and my hand had to be hidden behind her neck. It was a bit uncomfortable but it only took 5 shots in about 2 minutes and we were done. Literally. If we'd needed more shots I think Sadie would have started to fuss too much.
I'm very thankful our photo session was not "hours" long!

Here's the shot. Isn't it HILARIOUSLY adorable?

We're not planning a specific trip at this point but we did not want to be held back if an opportunity came up. If anything we may be going down to NYC this summer for a couple of days. Young children do not need a passport for driving across the border but I would not be comfortable being far from home without the ability to fly back in an emergency.
Hopefully her application goes through!!

12 comments:

  1. Adorable...it seriously looks like she's just sitting up on her own! I love the look on her face...precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she looks ready for travel adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable!... and please let us know if/when you come to NYC!! We have to have a play date!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make sure you have a copy of her long form birth certificate to prove you are both the moms. Trust me you could be stopped and prevented from entering the country. It's piece of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That picture made me chuckle out loud. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's adorable?

    Are you going to NYC when I think you're going to NYC? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh yeah I meant to say what Angele said...they wouldn't give us riley's passport until we had that form.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stacey - we have the long form. I'm so not looking forward to our first border crossing. Did you have any issues with Riley?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey... I didn't mean 'That's adorable' to be a question, obviously. Typo there. I meant to say, "That's adorable!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, and when we came back into Canada after traveling to Texas with Erik, we were "advised" that we should carry the long-form birth certificate. We argued with them about it since we both had to sign for the passport, but they said that info doesn't come up on their screen when they swipe the passport, so it's always good to have it. We were pissed at the time but I wouldn't travel without it again, just to avoid the hassle.

    ReplyDelete