I'm in a funk.
In an attempt to make a mommy friend I went out for lunch with the mom from my prenatal class whose daughter was born 5 days before Sadie.
After hearing her weekly schedule (mommy group 1, salsa baby, mommy group 2, baby care class, and baby yoga) she told me I should look into finding a mommy group too. No suggestions offered.
We're likely going to meet again but I left feeling like we hadn't hit it off. Through this meeting I also found out that our prenatal class had a get together that we were not aware of.
I'm not sure what we've done. Even our pre-baby childless friends have disapeared (which was sort of expected).
I'm feeling so left out.
-- Post From My iPod Touch
I think Stacey (2 Girls in Love) mentioned a playdate with you a few posts back... we get together a lot - maybe you want to join us sometime?
ReplyDeleteI SO wish we lived closer! I think we would hit it off great IRL. Are you the only same-sex couple in the class? Not sure if it is the Midwest girl in me, but if our pre-natal class had a great together, I am sure we would be left out too. So sorry but it sounds to me that this mom is crazy overactive and just needs some quality time with her baby!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Jen - wish we lived closer!!
ReplyDeleteShannon - Yes, we need to get together. That would be awesome. Once the weather is better (not that it isn't great this week) we should plan an outing.
ReplyDeleteJen - I agree. If we were closer I think it would be great to meet up and hang out IRL! Sadly, I just checked a map and we are REALLY far away from each other. ):
Yes, come join us. :)
ReplyDeleteTry Ontario Early Years...at least it gets you out and meeting other mothers. It's FREE and pretty awesome.
I know you mentioned Gymboree but I found it overpriced. You get one free lesson though so check it out.
That girl's schedule sounds hectic!!! Have you looked in to some community groups outside of your prenatal class. I know here in the states there's a site called meetup.com where they have tons of mommy & me activities some based on specific interests. I don't know what the weather is like but I bet once it starts to get warmer, you'll meet tons of mothers at the park. Also check out your local library. I know ours have lapsit which I plan to do. That's interesting that your prenatal class got together. Sorry they left you out. Our class isn't that connected to each other.
ReplyDeletewhoa - that woman's schedule sounds exhausting!
ReplyDeletei feel your pain - we desperately need to make some irl lesbian mommy friends too. having a baby can be very isolating if you let it....
I haven't started looking into any mommy groups yet because..well..I don't have any babies yet. I hope you find some great people out there. Your pre-natal group doesn't sound like much fun, I'm sure you can do better.
ReplyDeleteHey there! If you have time would you mind emailing me? We are actually moving to Toronto this summer (keeping it on the down low on our blog until it's official) and I was hoping to pick your brain and get some advise about the area.
ReplyDeletemy email is amy dot melissa at hotmail dot com.
Thanks!!
I wish we lived closer!! We'll just have to wait until July.. =)
ReplyDeleteI can relate....I sometimes go through my cell phone and wonder if these people will even pick upi teh phone if I were calling then. My pre baby friends are all my facebook friends now so they don't feel the need to contact me since you know fb is the new "Hello" and my post baby people are all to bust to meet... I feel sad at times and find myself talking BABY talk cause face it ....they listen :-(
ReplyDelete