My DW's family have been more than accepting and is very excited for us - it's the best thing ever! My family is not the same at all. My mom has said some really horrible things about how having a child will ruin your life (I'm an only child so how does that feel?) and to really think about it... I got mad at her and asked her not to provide any further insight on how big of a mistake it would be and since then she's come around a bit. She actually called to find out the results of my first try. My dad is another story. We've decided we'll announce once I'm pregnant because he can be really insensitive. He often says that I'll never give him a grandchild and that angers me so much - why wouldn't I? I have a very weak relationship with him right now - we can spend time together and enjoy each others company but he always has to ruin it by say ingsomething mean about "the gays". I'm hoping that our child will bring my family back into my life in a positive way. It's hard right now to keep them happy - I'm hoping they will eventually just be happy without all of the walking on eggshells.
I haven't been feeling well. I've been sick with a headache and a mind fogginess for the past week. I finally went to the doctor this morning and she said my blood pressure is high. I have 2 weeks to try to lower it by eliminating salt from my diet and if it hasn't improved I'll need to go on meds. I asked how that would affect a pregnancy and she said it would put me into a higher risk category. I'm really feeling bummed right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment