Thursday, November 10, 2011

Bullet Updates

*We’ve booked Disney for next fall!! It will be the same time as this year but only a week and we will have free dining again (promotion ends December 17th which is why we’ve booked so early). We’ve always stayed at Pop Century but this time we decided to pay extra to move up a resort level and are staying at a moderate. I think I’m more excited about our resort than I am the parks! Yes, I know this all sounds excessive but THIS is our thing. We love Disney and Sadie does too!

*Sadie has been a champ when it comes to taking her amoxicillin. What a difference 6 months makes!! Last time she was on it we had to fight her so much. Now we fill the dispenser and hand it to her.

*We are now on the waitlist for part time daycare, 2 days a week. We’ll likely get a spot around June when Sadie is 2.5 since that is the official “start” age. Up until then, once she’s 2, there is a chance she’ll be accepted if she fits into a certain ratio of kids for her age. Honestly, this wasn’t my first choice. I wanted a preschool or Montessori school and NOT a daycare however her birth date is an issue. The absolute latest cut-off we’ve found was November 30th and that’s a month too early. By the next year she’ll no longer qualify for pre-school and will be accepted right into Junior Kindergarten. I guess the Ministry of Education sets the JK cut-off and the private schools set the pre-school cut-off. For Sadie this means her pre-school year is non-existent.

*TTC #2 in 2012 has been moved off the table now that we’ve booked Disney. I’m so sick of feeling the pressure to have a second that it’s a relief to have the decision made for another year. The reality is that we’re very comfortable as a family of 3 and having a second young child doesn’t sound like a lot of fun right now. When I see the future of our family I do want there to be a second but I also want Sadie to be older, maybe 4 or 5. I guess this comes from having IRL peers who have done the same.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I love your Disney Land enthusiasm! It is great that you all love and enjoy it so much.

    ReplyDelete