Monday, June 14, 2010

I'm back..

Thank-you for your concern and kind words.
I'm feeling better, I think. At least motivated to be social.
Our condo has been sold. In the process we've caused ourselves to be homeless for 10 days since we couldn't line up our closing dates. Our ambitious real estate agent thought we'd sell in under a week so when our first offer came in 2 weeks after listing we accepted it. Did I mention we'd bought our house with no condition for the sale of our condo? Yeah, just a little bit of stress! The upside is that we're going to be spending part if our "in-between" time at Mont Tremblant in Quebec.
In PPD news, I've been to my doctor to discuss my anxiety and depression. I've been put back on the higher dose of the anti-depressant/anxiety drug I was taking pre-pregnancy. Apparently the low dose I'd been on may have been contributing to my issues since it could have been making my unbalanced levels even more unbalanced. Why this was never raised when my GP suggested the reduction I'll never know (she's on mat leave). Because of the increase, I'm no longer breastfeeding. It's been at least 3 weeks since I've stopped and AF arrived on the weekend. I'm actually kind of glad things are getting back to "normal". Hopefully all of my crazy hormones will settle.
I have so many things I want to write about but I never feel like I have the time. I want to write about how nervous the move has made me (are we doing the right thing?) or how Sadie has taken to sleeping wrapped around my arm like a koala (is co-sleeping safe when she's mobile?). I'd like to get around to posting the blog I wrote about our hospital stay back in December or the share the entry about our "must have" baby products I wrote months ago! I want to get around to everyones blogs and comment again (google reader should make commenting easier!) and I also want to increase my blogroll.
One day at a time I guess.

-- Post From My iPhone

5 comments:

  1. Hey! Sorry we couldn't get together this past weekend. Do you want to get together maybe without Shannon next weekend?

    Glad to see you back and that things are okay. Moving is crazy stressful so hang in there.

    Jackson still co-sleeps at 14 months. I usually end up with him tucked in my arm breastfeeding back to sleep when he wakes. I make a pillow wall around him when I put him to bed and make a mad dash to the room when he wakes. I also pull the nightstand drawers out to keep the pillows in place. Works well for us although he's going to move to a toddler bed when we get Riley her new twin mattress for the downstairs bedroom...

    Many people won't take condition of sale. We lost our first "dream" house because we were too nervous to jump into it. Then we sold and were able to buy with more confidence. We had the bonus of our buyers being first home owners (eager to move asap) and the sellers having their new home ready and wanting to move asap.

    I'm sure you're doing the right thing. Moving into a bigger and more expensive place is scarier but trust me, it's oh so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the house!! Moving is so stressful and when you through a baby into the mix it just amps everything up. Enjoy your time in Quebec!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're back, and glad to hear you're feeling better.

    Good luck with the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you are feeling better! I hope your new dose works and it sounds like you are on the right path. I completely understnad PPD and the help of meds! A vacation to Quebec sounds wonderful! I have been there once and what a great opportunity between homes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you happen to see Kate Greenaway as you GP??

    ReplyDelete