Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Won the house!

Our offer for the house was accepted on our 3rd attempt. We won for the price we wanted to pay and 5k less than our "limit" going in. This is good news but we're not out of the woods yet. I have my fingers crossed that the home inspection will go well and I'm trying not to get too attached (too late).
Are we completely crazy for doing all of this with an (almost) 4 month old? I was really hoping my dad would offer some help but he's been acting so weird about the entire situation. I had hoped he'd let Sadie and I stay in their basement for a week when our Condo is first listed but he said no. I really thought he'd jump at the opportunity to spend that time with Sadie. He also declined to come with me to the home inspection. I thought he'd love the inspection.
In general he's been acting very weird about us moving. In his opinion we should be selling our condo and moving into something cheaper. That isn't reality!!! He also thinks that because my step-mom commuted to Toronto (from where I grew up) for years that we should be able to do it too. I told him point blank that I did not want to be away from my home 12 hours a day. When would we EVER see Sadie? He just needs to deal with the fact that we're buying a house that costs what it costs and DEAL WITH IT!!
In other news, I think I may have ruined my back and I've been OD'ing on Fenugreek.
First, my back is so sore. I've been wearing Sadie a lot over the last week and I think she's getting heavy to the point of discomfort. I'd hoped that I could wear her much longer so I'm thinking of getting something with a bit more support like a Baby Hawk or Ergo. I'm missing Salsa Babies today because there is no way I can put that pressure on my back right now. I need to heal up a bit.
Second, I just noticed today that I've been double dosing my Fenugreek. The new pills I'm taking are twice the milligrams than my previous brand!!!! I actually stopped taking it because it was giving me such a bad headache. I guess we know why!! I need to go back to my lactation consultant to ask what the correct milligram dose should be. I was told 3 pills 3x per day. How does that help when one brand is 300 mg and the next is 600 mg? Yikes!!

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations! So exciting! That sucks that your dad isn't being supportive. Maybe something else is going on that has his attention?

    I hear you on the back thing. My back and neck are constantly getting jacked up. Between that and poor sleep, I am a bit of a crank monster theses days. Argh. Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh cool! Can we see pics!
    I am curious how you are doing this because we have a condo and we really want to move to somewhere bigger but feel prohibited by the fact that our condo is upside down in equity right now. Not that you are a real estate adviser - just curious.
    I think you are absolutely doing a great thing for your family and you will love it once you get settled!
    I hope you dad gets over himself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay!!! congrats ladies!! would also love to see some pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the house!! Hope the inspection goes well.

    Sorry your dad is acting weird about it. I wonder why he is. Hopefully he'll get over whatever the issue is and be happy for you guys soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hooray! I hope the inspection goes well. As a seller, I should probably be sticking up for my kind, but when the inspection of our place rolled around we were already talking about what we would negotiate down to if we had to. Better you than me in this market!

    I am wuith tireegal: YOU make the decisions for your family now, and if that rubs him the wrong way, well, I hope for all of you he can get over it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for the house but boo for your dad. I don't know why he's acting weird...that's lousy. I bet it's a number of reasons. One is that you didn't follow his advice and sometimes parents find that hard to accept. Two because houses cost a lot more than they did before. Angele's dad had a hard time with the money we put on our house ($380k) and the other house, even (only $230k) because he bought his house for like $30k in Ottawa 30 years ago. And three, maybe because you're not going to live closer and buying a house is more permanent than the condo so there's little chance you will live where he lives.

    The Ergo is great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the house!!

    I'd be interested to know what your lc says about the correct dosage.

    I love my ergo; much easier on my back than the bjorn!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the house!

    ReplyDelete