Monday, April 26, 2010
House
The inspection went well. There were a couple of surprises but nothing we weren't expecting (roof, electrical). We've accepted the work that needs to be done and we're still buying.
My dad is still being a major ass but I suspect and fear there may be something else behind his anger. Everything seems to turn into an argument and that isn't like him.
I spoke to him last on Wednesday when I begged him to help me move stuff into our storage locker ( he drives a Dodge Ram). His response was "NOT Saturday!!", followed by "NOT Sunday!!!" but it was said with a "you've got to be crazy" undertone. When I tried to explain that we needed the stuff out by Tuesday he proceeded to tell me that we do not need to stage our condo (cue argument I won't bore you with).
Fortunately my agent is coming by to help me move the furniture. That leaves me with everything else and although I got a lot done yesterday it still seems like only the tip of the iceberg!!
I wish I had help. D doesn't drive and one of us has to watch Sadie I wish my dad could get over whatever it is that is making him so cranky because I'm drowning here. Oh and to make it all feel worse my step mom wrote a facebook status saying how much they enjoyed their "lazy Sunday". Really? My Sunday consisted of renting a car, loading the car, driving to our storage locker, unloading the car in the RAIN and being alone for all of it. I can understand my dad saying no to letting us store things at his place and no to us staying there overnight (mildly peeved he said no to that) but sitting on his ass all the while knowing what I was doing was not all that nice of him.
Lesson learned: I will always be there for Sadie. Always.
-- Post From My iPhone
-- Post From My iPhone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i'm telling you. dads right?? i said the same thing yesterday... i will always be there for kayden whenever she needs me. all we can do is learn and grow from our experiences with our parents so that we can become better parents for our children. big congrats on the house.
ReplyDeleteI just noted elsewhere how much horrible family drama has happened this past weekend... I am sorry your dad is being a schmuck. My dad just obliquely informed me, scoffing, that he wasn't going to mine & Speedy's wedding celebration this summer, even though he's known about it for more than 6 months.
ReplyDeleteGlad the house deal is going forwward and I hope he snaps out oif it. Lazy Sunday indeed. That's just plain rude.
I am so sorry to hear that your dad has been very unsupportive lately. I think that you are right to think there's more going on with his attitude than he's letting you see. Try to keep your hopes up that in the end, it will work itself out. Good luck with all of the moving and find peace, serenity, and solace by looking at your beautiful daughter :)
ReplyDeleteWhat an ass! ( sorry, I know it's your dad, but really!)
ReplyDeleteCan you ask him what has got him so riled up? It's so not fair and not fun for any of you.
I agree - we learn from their mistakes and promise to do better - but I would still want him to be accountable for his behavior. Or maybe you could ask him what kind of help, if any he is ever willing to offer, so you can know in advance and that if he doesn't want to every help then it would be good to know as you can quit asking him - and let him know what that means! Grrrr!
How crappy. Just know it will get done and then you will enjoy your new place with your family.
ReplyDeleteHoly moly!! WTF? When things like that happen, I always say that it teaches me what NOT to do as a parent. Too bad you don't live closer - we would have totally helped!
ReplyDeleteThat really sucks about your dad. Seems really strange for him to be acting like that at such an exciting time for you. Hopefully he'll be more supportive soon.
ReplyDeleteGlad the inspection went well.