Sadie and my brother on our walk:
On Sunday the Easter Bunny came and spoiled Sadie! I think next year we'll tone down the gift a bit and make it more traditional (Easter basket, small toys etc.) but this year I've been online shopping - a lot. I kept adding things to her present and it kept getting bigger and bigger!Sadie with her Easter Loot:
The Easter Bunny brought us iPhones and I'm totally in love with mine! Cellphones are a technology we had not really embraced. We'd been a couple with only a single cellphone for YEARS and it's really hard communicating with only one phone! Our excuse had generally been that "wer'e always together" but now that we have Sadie we really felt that we needed to be in constant 24/7 communication. That constant communication comes with the bonus of a really cool phone and mobile internet/blogging! Yay!!
In other news: Any apprehension I may have had about Sadie's new attitude has disappeared. She is turning into the sweetest, happiest baby ever! She's all smiles and is laughing quite a bit now. Here she is laughing as I tickle her:
Sadie's sleeping is improving so much. I'm starting to feel fully human again! Unbelievably she let me sleep in until 10:00 am on Good Friday! 10:00 am!!!!! She's generally going down at 9:00 pm, waking up between 2:00-3:00 am for a feeding and then sleeping until 6:30 am. We've even had an afternoon nap (co-sleeping). I haven't had any success with daytime naps in her crib so I've given up. If she'll sleep in the big bed that is fine with me.
We've also had a tummy time breakthrough. We'd been having a hard time and I'd been feeling very guilty. Tummy time used to be about screaming/crying and a suffocating baby who would face plant on the floor. I thought for sure there was something wrong! We've started using her Boppy and she's improved so much.
Drama: This weekend was not without a bit of (avoided) drama. I need feedback here and I apologize if I anger anyone with what I'm about to say because I know this is a sensitive topic.
Sadie's Great Grandma chain smokes. We went in to see my family on Saturday because we knew Great Grandma would be there on Sunday. I don't want someone who smells like a walking ashtray near my daughter. The result so far has been avoidance because I'm not sure how to approach this subject. I honestly think my stepmother's head will explode if I tell her mother she can't hold Sadie. Am I being completely over-reactive or would you do the same? It's not like Sadie has a choice about who holds her. We're the ones that make that decision for her and I wouldn't want to be pushed up against a smelly, toxic shirt. I wish there was an easy way for me to say to an elderly woman "You can't hold her, you smell and are toxic". The truth hurts.
Adorable photos! The smoking topic you raise is hard-- I can imagine how sensitive it is. Is there any way you could give ggm a throw or something to put between her toxic shirt and Sadie? While I am sure a brief exposure to the smell of cigarettes (assuming she's not smoking AND holding the baby, which would be a big fat wrong) won't have an ill effect on Sadie's health, the extra layer can shield her from what would probably be unpleasant, and give you a little piece of mind. I wonder, though, if there's a way of tactfully approaching the subject-- I'm not coming up with one unless you come up with a line beginning with "My pediatrician advised me..."
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a fabulous weekend. I hope you (all) enjoy your easter booty!
Those videos are precious! Sadie is such a sweetie.
ReplyDeleteWe have a very similar situation (with the smoking) with Ryan. My Mom smokes and my Grandfather chain smokes. With my Mom, I basically told her that the pediatrician said smokers need to wash their hands, face and change their shirt before holding the baby (not a lie, the pedi did tell us that). She was fine with it and always washes up after every smoke and brings a "smoking shirt" with her when she visits. My Grandfather, on the other hand, STINKS and I will not let him hold Ryan under any circumstance.
The residue on their clothes IS toxic and little baby lungs don't need that. If it hurts their feelings, so be it. They know that smoking is bad for them and worse for baby and they should understand that you need to protect your child.
OK, off my soap box!
Cute photos! Sounds like it was a nice Easter. Kim and I are still a one-cell-phone family. I work from home so I don't really need one but we're planning to get one for when my boss is away and I'm in charge of work calls. Kim hates it that our home message is always my work message.
ReplyDeleteThe smoking thing... I would never let anyone smoke while holding my child. But assuming it's someone who isn't smoking in front of the baby but smells like smoke, for me it would depend on how often this person is seeing/holding the baby. If it was someone we see frequently, I would definitely bring it up somehow. If it's someone you only see every couple of months, I probably wouldn't say anything to them. I'd just be sure to wash the baby and change her clothes after. I don't think being held occasionally by someone who smokes would be harmful to her health as long as they're not smoking while holding her or in the same room as her etc. I would be more concerned about the smell on my baby after and would bring a change of clothes and some soap. Also, you can probably count on Sadie to start crying if she doesn't like the smell of the person's clothes, which will probably solve the problem right there. :)
cute pics!!! the one of her in the stroller is adorable! :D
ReplyDeletelooks like you've already gotten some good advice re: the smoking. i totally understand, i'd feel the same way. i like the idea of blaming it on the pediatrician...
WOW! That little girl did have a good Easter. I love her hat that she's wearing in the stroller. I wouldn't want my baby around that either. I like the pediatrician slant on it too.
ReplyDeleteAdorable. She is just getting cuter every day.
ReplyDeleteWe went crazy this Easter too with gifts but normally I do small stuff.
I agree with the smoking. I hate that. Angele's mom smokes a lot and she smells horrible when she comes in and Angele tells her. It's always awkward to keep your distance after she smokes. :P
Sweet little Sadie! Love the pics. I love a serious baby :)
ReplyDelete
ReplyDelete傻妹妺情網色網免費影片區-真人互動視頻直播社區
go2av免費線上A片-mfc視訊視頻福利
熊貓貼圖區-台灣視訊福利視頻
春天貼圖情色網 成人貼圖區-av裸聊直播間
JP 情色貼圖區-qq同城聊天室
嘟嘟成人網-免費視頻裸聊網站
麗的情小遊戲-免費裸聊qq號碼
情˙色線上看免費85-真人秀場在線聊天室
情˙色文小說 少年-啪啪午夜直播app
情˙色微電影-午夜福利直播app有哪些