Thursday, April 15, 2010

Bullet Post

My silence has been brought to you by BlogPress for iPhone. I've written two LONG entries and both times I've had issues saving them. I didn't have these problems on my Touch!! Ugh. It's so frustrating to lose what you've written!!
Moving On... Bullet Post:

Salsa Babies: Lots of fun and a great way to meet people. Our instructor has encouraged us to get together after the class so we're doing coffee and are even planning a girls night out (without babies - the horror!). The class itself is GREAT. I can hear Sadie giggle as I dance (when she isn't sleeping). It's a great workout however I have two left feet and salsa dancing is NOT easy. It's fast!

Music Class: Sadie LOVES this class! It's so adorable how much she gets out of it! I felt so bad for her today because she slept for 40 of the 45 minute class. When she finally woke up she was all smiles and excited but we were singing the GOODBYE song. Poor thing didn't get a very long class!! Only one song! D has assured me that she's too young to be disappointed but I still felt awful for her. We hung around and she watched the other babies. She still had fun, I hope.

Baby Time: We've added Baby Time to our schedule. It's a free program at the Library that is a story time with songs and games. It's not nearly as good as our music class but it's still fun. I know that probably sounds crazy but the music class goes by so quickly while this class seems drag on and on.

Breast Feeding: I haven't given up. Not at all. I still offer Sadie breast milk before every bottle and lately I've been able to give her a full meal at least once a day. Right now it's midnight and she hasn't had formula since 6:00 pm.
I switched to a new brand of Fenugreek and Blessed Thistle yesterday and I'm noticing a huge difference in my milk supply. My breasts HURT and I'm leaking like crazy. Totally NOT normal for me. Also, I was told that I'd smell like maple syrup using Fenugreek and I hadn't up until now. When D gave me the first pill yesterday maples syrup is all I could smell. I hope I haven't been wasting breastfeeding opportunities on crappy supplements! I guess only time will tell!!!

House Hunting: We've found a house. I think. We're still undecided if we're going to put in an offer but it's likely. There are a few things that are issues: 1) Needs a new roof, 2) Air-conditioning is on the older side, 3) there were Ants, 4) Electrical Service Panel needs updating and 5) there are some against code outlets that do not work in the kitchen. If we do put in an offer we're going to go in low - about $35k below asking. As my agent said, "We're not here to make friends" so we're going to see what happens.
Overall I really love the house. D is still on the fence but admits she may be suffering from unrealistic expectations. I personally think the house has everything we need within our price range and I can see us living there. Our agent thinks we should put in an offer quickly but the house has already been on the market 40 days. I don't want us to seem too eager since we had two showings today. We also really need time to think this over and make sure THIS is the house. If it isn't we at least know we've found the neighbourhood we want to live in!

to be continued...

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you and Sadie are keeping busy! Great that she loves the music class.
    Great news about the house, keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your classes sound so fun. I need tp seek some of that out, though he may still be a bit too fussy if our Gymboree experience is any indicator...

    House hunting is so fun and so stressful. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting about the house. That is a lot of work so you're right to go under!!

    I didn't like the library program much either.

    I hope that you can still find a way to drop in on Sunday. You can always rush back if you have to for house stuff. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you fb or email the brand of Fengreek you are using? I have one brand- green lid, can't think of the brand- but I don't think it works well. My supply has gone down drastically since I started my period and I need to figure something out. I am a b/f whore and want to have enough to feed him and pump/freeze like I used to!

    Exciting about the house!!!

    ReplyDelete