I was tagged by Jen, Tiff and Mr. Munchkin and Creating a Miracle.
I tag 2 Girls in Love and Other Motherhood!
10. I play ice hockey. I'm hoping to get on a team for the 2010/11 season after taking 3 seasons off for TTC/pregnancy.
9. I've seen the same Broadway Musical over 3 dozen times (lost count) and many other musicals multiple times. I know most people will not understand this and think I'm crazy but I love seeing shows with different casts and understudies. It's never really the same show twice.
8. D and I went to the same High School but didn't know each other until working together at a part time job after graduating.
7. When we first moved to Toronto I worked as an Assistant Store McManager. I have very good things to say about working for the McCompany (I wasn't at a franchise) but the job itself was horrible. I lasted just over a year before officially entering the rat race.
6. When I was a younger I wanted to be Jewish. I got in trouble for asking a Rabbi to convert me.
5. I got my beginners license at 17 but let it expire. I finally got my full license 6 years ago and bought my first car last year.
4. I used to hate cheesecake but now it is my favourite dessert. When we get Sadie's passport we're heading straight for The Cheesecake Factory!!! Yummmmmmy.
3. D and I go to Walt Disney World every chance we get. Our next trip will be in December 2011 for Sadie's 2nd Birthday!
2. We're currently house hunting. We want to move out of the city but may need to wait until I'm back at work so we can get approved for a higher mortgage. Until then we're enjoying our last year in the condo while keeping our eye on the market.
1. We plan on TTC#2 starting in September 2011! I will carry and we will be using the same donor.
In other news:
Stars and Strollers - Apparently suburban moms prefer Jennifer Aniston over Miley Cyrus because there wasn't a single baby in our theatre! I hadn't expected there to be people without children but I wasn't alone. WTH? At first I felt like we had to be quiet but then I thought about it and the 7 childless viewers were coming into a movie for babies. I had every right to have a loud baby! Although Sadie didn't cry she did make every baby noise possible including a HUGE frat boy burp!! GOOD GIRL!
Music Class - Music class was so much fun!! Sadie was the youngest by probably 6 months but still really enjoyed it. We sang a bunch of songs and also played with instruments. Most of the songs included the babies being lift in the air or bounced on our knees. One thing I found interesting about the class were the names of the other babies. Old lady names are clearly IN this year! The other little girls were: Esme, Ida, Gwyneth and Beatrice.
Nap/Sleep etc.
Our movie going messed up Sadie's nap times yesterday and I'm hoping music class will not do the same today.
After Music Class we made it 2/3 of the way home from the class before Sadie had a major meltdown in the car. Thankfully I found a parking spot and pulled over so ended up having lunch at The Royal Conservatory Espresso bar! Sadie fell asleep after she ate so I delayed going back to the car for an hour. We walked around and went into the Royal Ontario Museum boutique. We've been home for over an hour now and I've left Sadie in her car seat. She's sound asleep!!
The result of yesterday's nap disruption meant our bedtime routine was ruined. Sadie eats at 9:00 pm and goes to bed immediately after. She would NOT go to sleep last night! I think we finally had her in bed by 10:30!!
I think it is OK for Sadie to be out during nap time but she still needs to be able to sleep. The movie didn't allow for that because she was so interested in watching it!! I think she's been able to catch up since our outing today so we may be ok tonight.
How on earth does "Super Mom" keep up with that crazy schedule of hers???????
I want to hear more about wanting to be Jewish. What drove that desire?
ReplyDeleteAlso glad to hear music class went well and I lol at the Old Lady Names. We came across a lady named Lucy and when I told her that her name was back in, she was surprised but thrilled.
I LOVE musicals too and have seen one in particular (Annie) many times, and others that I liked multiple times also (like Rent, Hairspray and Wicked.) You're right, it can be a completely different experience with different cast members. I used to collect Broadway soundtracks too. I don't really collect them anymore but I still listen to the ones I have all the time. Kim is also a huge fan of musicals so it's something we enjoy together.
ReplyDeleteThat is funny about the old lady names. LOL. My grandma's name as Gladys Mildred and she said if I ever named a baby either of her names she'd never speak to me again. LOL.
I will do the 10 things about myself on my blog soon. Thanks for the tag! I love these things. :)
Lisa - I think I wanted to be different and was reaching for something to make me feel special. Religion is something major that can define you and is something you can choose. I also grew up in an area where I had a number of Jewish friends who influenced me a lot.
ReplyDeleteShannon - Did you know Wicked is coming back to Toronto? It's on my list of shows I've seen more than once and I want tickets! It's Rent that I've seen oodles & oodles of times.
i have never been to a musical in my life but always dreamed of going. thanks for sharing your 10 things!
ReplyDeleteOh, you're a Rent-head? :) We've seen it a whole bunch of times too. It's Kim's favourite and definitely one of my favourites. We saw it on Broadway and several times in Toronto. We waited out once to get the $20 tickets too.
ReplyDeleteWe saw Wicked on Broadway when Kim surprised me with a trip to NYC. Joe McIntyre was in it (yay!) playing Fiyero and Kim got tickets so I could see him. The next day she proposed in Central Park. :) We've seen it one other time in Toronto when we won the lottery tickets on my birthday. :)
Shannon - D thinks I should be more like Kim!!! I was just told I could have done better because that sounds like the perfect proposal!
ReplyDeleteFor some reason we haven't seen Wicked on Broadway and we both regret that a lot. I'm a big Norbert fan but D would have loved to have seen Joey!!
And yes, we're rentheads.... or rather we are recovering rentheads!
Shea - One day and I bet K would love it too. Touring shows are just as enjoyable as going to NYC.
ReplyDeleteWe sold and bought a more expensive house while Stacey was on Mat leave. Real estate can't discriminate against a woman on mat leave if you are employed they will give you the mortgage you qualify for.
ReplyDelete