Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I called clinic # 2 today and was shot down. I need a Dr.'s referral.
I'm asking D to discuss this with our GP on Thursday when she goes in for some test results. I'm not going to bother calling clinic #3 because I know the same thing will happen. I feel like I'm being really picky.

With 2 clinics booked we're still thinking about the Sperm bank we are going to use. We had started out with CanAmCryo, Repromed and Xytex as our choices and now I'm definitely down to Repromed and Xytex but I think Xytex is winning. It's too early to seriously think about a donor so I've tried not to get too into the Xytex basic profiles for now.

One of my co-worker friends has a partner who used Repromed (with a previous partner). I asked her opinion and found out that the cost of the Repromed profiles may be more than I'm willing to pay. She said that 4 years ago they were charging $600/profile which included picture and medical history. Xytex is $150 for 3 months unlimited access per their website. A much better deal if you ask me.

1 comment: